Saturday, September 06, 2008

bad blogger

Ok - I officially stink as a blogger. I will try harder.

Random Thoughts on a New House:

- I can have packages delivered without worrying about being there to sign for them (or that they'll be stolen if they are left without a signature)

- No more barking dog or crazy lady living across the hall

- I can sit outside without thinking that everyone else in the building is staring at me

- No more rearranging BBQ plans because someone else is using the picnic table area

- No more noisy upstairs neighbors

- I have a freaking pool! I can lounge by it, swim in it, and float in it. But that also means I have to figure out the delicate balance of cleaning it. So far, I have fixed a gasket, and figured out just HOW high the water level needs to be.

- Wallpaper sucks.

- The boy really does like mowing the lawn, which I have to say is most excellent, since I don't believe I would...at least not as much as him...he asks me if the angle he mowed it at looks good! (good thing I don't mow the lawn, if I remember correctly I meandered as opposed to making straight lines)

- Doing laundry whenever I want and without saving $3 worth of quarters actually makes laundry more enjoyable (a little anyways, laundry still blows)

- Surround sound in an enclosed room that can be turned up as loud as we please is REALLY REALLY COOL!

- I can find paint somewhere on me a week after I have painted a room.

- "Tawny Port" paint needs at LEAST 2 coats to cover ugly tan paint

- Paint colors look less bright once you add the furniture (but can still be described as "liquid Smurf blue" - don't worry, I like it!)

- The second layer of wallpaper found underneath the first always sticks more

- A/C in the bedroom is MUCH better than A/C in the living room with 2 fans blowing it around corners into the bedroom

- Boxborough really DID have HARD water! It is so nice to be able to actually DRINK the tap water!

- The third layer of wallpaper is just plain EVIL!!!!!

No comments: