Monday, October 13, 2008

Wicked good shows!

Just got back from NYC - annual Girl's Weekend - we go every Columbus Day weekend to shop and see shows on Broadway. This year we saw Wicked and Little Mermaid.

Wicked was just that. It was awesome. I've had the soundtrack in my head for the entire weekend.

The Little Mermaid was good too - although I think we would have enjoyed it more if not for all of the little kiddos. We did go to a Sunday matinee, however...

There were two days of street fairs to walk through, and I bought a few Christmas presents. I also bought some stuff for myself - new rainboots, and a dress for my December concert.

We had a ton of fun - ate some good food (unlike last year's Irish pub experience), shopped our brains out (don't worry - I didn't spend too much $$), and saw some great shows.

The Milford Plaza was a step down from last year - apparently the breakfast that we ate last year was NOT included in our price - we aren't club members, so we shouldn't have been eating there - who knew??

We made our traditional stop at Rein's Deli in Vernon, CT and ate the sour pickles. I also had my very first Bialy - a cross between a bagel and english muffin - yummy.

I am finally home, and am planning on taking a nap while catching up on my DVR'd shows.

:-D

No comments: