Sunday, May 10, 2009

Today


I found tadpoles in the pond. Note to self: turtles eat tadpoles. That was NOT a very good experiment...(well for the tadpoles anyway - Gilligan seemed to like it)


Tadpole in the pond.



Another turtle in the pond - he's a baby too.




He's swimming away.




See, I told you he was small.



He may look big - but don't let him fool you.







I found him in my pool today. I hope there aren't any more, since we added chemicals today.






My peony plants!






My pretty backyard. Here's what the boy has been spending all his time doing.








My project - a rock garden on the hill.






Another pic of the garden.











The boy's project, making a ramp down the hill that is less of an incline to make it easier to walk down. We're going to cover it with grass seed, and the debate still goes on about flagstones.






The ramp from another angle.






Squash!






Lettuce, spinach, broccolli





Climbing hydrangea on my new trellis






Tulips that we didn't know we had!






Iris that my mom gave us.






Happy gnome in the new mulch







New mulch spread fresh today.

No comments: