Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My new fishies



Don't worry! Petunia's still alive and somewhat kickin'!

However, these new fishies warrant a story.

My fishtank has been empty for a while, because I have not had the chance to get to the pet store and buy some new fish. The other day, I thought about getting some fish, when I noticed that my filter was no longer running. So, I went to the pet store yesterday, bought fish, and I picked up a new filter pump. I bring the fish to their new home, and set up the pump.

To set up the pump, you need to to transfer a few parts from the old filter to the new pump. Having done this before, I knew what to do, transferred the parts, and plugged in the pump. As soon as I plugged it in, there was a very loud CRUNCH! I unplugged the pump and took it apart. The brand new pump DESSIMATED the magnet on the gear I transferred.

I brought the gear and pump back to the pet store. The very helpful man told me the magnet was stressed and that caused the loud crunching noise, and that the new pump is fine. I bought a new gear and took it home.

Just out of curiosity, I put the new gear in the old pump....

and it worked...

now I have two working pumps for my one fishytank.

5 new fishies
2 working pumps
and a partridge in a freaking pear tree...

No comments: