Monday, December 31, 2007

that's a lot of diapers

I'm watching TLC this morning, and there's apparently a marathon of shows about people with an OBSCENE amount of children.

There's one couple who had fertility treatments and had a set of twins. They tried for one more, and got SIX for a total of EIGHT children.

There was another couple who had 12 children. This was an interesting family where (unless there was some SERIOUS editing) everyone in the family seemed to genuinely get along. All of the children pitched in to help clean (there was a 6 year old vacuuming). It was kinda cool to see. I'm not saying I want a dozen children, but it was cool to see.

There was also another couple who had 17, yes, I said 17 children. There was only one set of multiples (twins). That poor woman gave birth 16 times (and I think she said 7 of them were at home). I guess after the 4th or 5th birth they probably just start falling out on their own. This family ranged in age from 4-31, so at least they're spread out.

Wow, it makes you think about how many children you would really want to have. I'm thinking 3. That's 14 less than one of those families! (which still boggles the mind)

But I guess none of them were as large as Bach's family.

No comments: