Saturday, March 24, 2007

the world needs to slow down

I have been caught up in a whirlwind this week. I thought it would be better now that the musical is over, but it doesn't seem to have worked out that way.

I am planning the spring concert (May 8th - mark your calendars), we have the festival coming up on June 8th, the fundraiser for said festival, and the end of the year concert and awards ceremony (perhaps June 12th...stay tuned).

Plans for next year have started to get underway (as awful as they may be). I am currently in the process of trying to convince administrators why teaching beginning band afterschool is a bad idea. Especially since it will increase my teaching hours beyond my contract...

This past week, I met with the superintendent, the HS principal, the MS vice principal, and my union rep. and president.

Next week, I meet with the HS principal, the MS vice principal, and perhaps the superintendent, the HS principal, the MS vice principal, the Elem. principal and the Elem. vice principal all together at once.

Wish me luck!

No comments: