Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My latest project



Ok, so I know one of these pictures is a little washed out looking. Deal. ;-P

I started crocheting this purse at the beginning of the ballgame, and was done by the time the Sox finished losing.
Really cute, huh?
Who would have known I made it out of PLASTIC GROCERY BAGS?!?!?!
Seriously.
About 20 plastic bags were cut into strips and made into one pretty cool purse. I used Dunkin' Donuts bags, Roche Bros. bags, KMart bags, CVS bags, Target bags, TJ Maxx bags, PETCO (it's where the pets go) bags, and some other random bags that I have absolutely no idea what stores they came from. The only requirement was that they were sturdy and mostly white. PS-to anyone who would like to try this, I would HIGHLY recommend staying AWAY from the CVS bags, they rip too easily and are generally a PITA.
It was a simple pattern to follow, and the hardest part was just keeping track of the rows, which I figured out you don't really need to do if you're just going for size. Unfortunately, I figured this out in the last three rows.
It's fun, and it's environmentally-friendly. Who knew?

No comments: