Monday, June 04, 2007

ugh....

ok...it's been a while...let's play catch up!!

**Memorial Day weekend was a busy one! Thursday night the boy and I drove out to Newburgh, NY to the Day's Inn to meet up with family for my brother's graduation from West Point Academy. Friday morning was a big parade, we spent the rest of the day resting, and eating and hanging out. Saturday was the graduation ceremony with Dick Cheney speaking for a looooong time. It was fun though. We hung out at the 1949ers club for the afternoon with a couple of other families. Then we went out to dinner at a Japanese restaurant, where they make the food on the hibachi in front of you. We drove back on Sunday, and the boy and I went out to Piccolino's in Shirley for yummy food. Monday was spent with the NVCB for the concert in Harvard.

**The week after that was a long one. Meetings, lessons, students, rehearsals, concert, and classes.

**Friday afternoon my aunt came by with a band of family. She was dropped off with me to check out the quilt shop in Boxborough, and then we went to the farm stand down the street. We spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out at the apartment catching up with each other. Some more family stopped by on the way up to York and picked her up. Then I headed to my mom's house where I spent the weekend. Saturday was my other brother's graduation from high school. It was very long and very sunny, and I am very sunburnt. We spent the afternoon with family at my mom's, which was a lot of fun to do. We all caught up with each other's lives, which is hard to do, since we're all so busy. I got to play with my cousin's babies. I swam with Tyler in the pool...his diaper swelled up to the size of a small elephant. The boy joined us , and all of us cousins went out to the movies to see "Knocked Up". HILARIOUS!!! YOU HAVE TO GO SEE IT!!!!! I cried I was laughing so hard. Sunday was my grandfather's memorial service, which was VERY hard for everybody, but it was nice.

**Today was the last day of the rotation for my classes. The students put together some great projects. (of course there are some who didn't, but there always are) We had an extra jazz band rehearsal (at the students' request - isn't it great??) and I bought the students pizza since we only have one more rehearsal until the concert next week.

There...I think that catches us up. Eventually, some day, I will post pictures of the various graduations. I am in the process of editing the video from the West Point graduation. This time of year is VERY busy!!!

No comments: