Saturday, September 01, 2007

A new world record?

Today I went to 4 Christmas Tree Shops: Shrewsbury, Natick, Saugus, and Salem NH. I eventually found everything I needed.

I was originally just searching for more lanterns to use as centerpieces for the wedding. I picked up 4 light blue round lanterns like the ones I already have, 2 dark blue round lanterns, 1 dark blue rectangle lantern, and 6 small light blue rectangle lanterns. I was one of those people that rearranged the packages of the small lanterns to get all of one color in the package (don't tell on me!!)

At the first store I went to (Shrewsbury) I found these metal off-white shell picture frames that would be great to use for the table names and other helpful things (such as labeling the guest book and the seat cards). However, they had 5 large and 2 small ones, and a BILLION in a seafoam green, which I didn't want. I bought those 7, and drove to Natick, where I found some of the lanterns I bought.

I then went to Saugus, where I didn't buy anything. Which is a HUGE feat for me!!

Then I went to my mom's house, where I called A LOT of different stores in an attempt to find some more frames. I called Salem NH, Pembroke, Somerville, and Nashua. None of them had the frames. Then I called Portland, ME. The lady I spoke to ROCKED! Every other store gave me an attitude. She looked in her store, and then told me that the Salem, NH store had 142 in their store according to the computer. Now wait....didn't I already call there??? Didn't they say they didn't have ANY???

So I went to Salem NH. THEY HAD A TON!!! I don't know if they had 142, but it was probably pretty close. Most of them were green, but I DID walk away with 11 large frames and 1 small one, and there were still plenty of large white frames left. I want to know who's not doing their job over there....

So I was gone for 6 1/2 hours today hopping from one Christmas Tree Shop to another.

Wow.

No comments: