Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Things I'll miss...and things I'll remember...

I know I will be adding more to this list...but this is what I have come up with so far. Feel free to add your own.


The constant "badgering" if we've done what we're supposed to do

Counting trees in the field

Wagon rides

The little green pedal tractor

"Dark Castles" on the Mac Plus

My introduction to Benny Goodman and other swing classics

Listening to the Annie soundtrack over and over in the car

Housesitting while he's on vacation - watering plants, indoors and out

The meticulous care of his lawn and landscaping

Sharing stories of our lives with each other

Interviewing him about his service in WWII

Listening to the touching story of how my grandparents met

The exercise bike

Washing his car (and mine if it was too dirty)

Aiming for seagulls in the "Grey Gull III" (don't call the MSPCA, we never hit one)

Taking the boat up and down the Merrimack River

Walking in the day glo orange vest

Volunteering together at AJH

Never missing a school function (especially the band concerts...they LOVED going to those)

The Navy hat in the back window of the Caddy

Showing me how to shell peanuts while watching the Sox

Talking Red Sox stats

Candlepin bowling instead of Saturday morning cartoons

Watching the little tiny TV in the shop

Naming every old-timey car's make, model and year when going by in parades

Staking out the best spot at the Training Field to watch the Memorial Day Parade

Finding the longest "short cuts" I've ever travelled in my life

Never taking the same route to get somewhere twice

My inbox always being full of forwarded emails

Getting the same emails over and over

Sitting on the front porch watching the cars go by

Riding in his lap on the John Deere tractor

Riding in the tractor's trailor

Getting the tractor stuck in the mud with 7 grandkids in the trailor and having to walk all the way through the field in the mud

Getting to drive the tractor

Learning to drive on my permit - "Rachael you can go 35 through the center of West Newbury, they won't stop you, you're in a Cadillac"

Asking if he could walk me down the aisle on the day he met my fiance 6 years ago

Asking when the boy was going to pop the question for the next 6 years after that

Getting to finally tell him that he did

Being his "Number One"

No comments: