Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Carnival Glass












I went to my grandmother's house on Saturday, and she had me up in the piping hot steaming attic with her for at LEAST a 1/2 hour. It was nasty. She sent me home with two boxes though. One contained a punch bowl set (which I forgot to take pics of). The set had 7 glasses, and the bowl was kinda small. The box also contained 16 other glasses that matched each other, but not the bowl or other cups. I'm thinking of trying to find a punch bowl somewhere without any glasses and buy it to go with the other cups.
The other box contained all these pieces of carnival glass. I didn't take a picture of it all together, I probably should have. There's a LOT of pieces. My little brother's gf and I agreed that having one or two of these pieces would be cool, but who needs a whole set?? I certainly don't want to get rid of any of it, so I left it in my sister's bedroom at my mom's house for her to look at. If she doesn't want the whole set either, we might split some of it up between us and our brothers if they want it. It would make for some cool accent pieces, but it's a little too much orange for an entire set for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes there is too much of orange. But the glass items are very beautiful. I suggest you visit this link for some good Carnival Glass bowls.