Thursday, July 26, 2007

Following the Sox Day 6

Ok...one day late, and no pics (cuz I am tired)

Yesterday was spent at the West Side Market, which was way cool, and if I lived here, I would shop at all the time. It has fresh fruits and veggies, and local butchers, seafood, and pastries. I bought a sour pickle to eat right then and there, some chocolate-covered espresso beans, and some stuffed olives (stuffed with some different italian meats ie. capicola, prosciutto, etc) I saw lots of fish, and even an entire smoked pig!

We also spent many hours touring the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I could have probably even spent longer there, but I COULDN'T BRING IN A CAMERA!! grr argh I'm an angry gumball!!! I wanted to take lots of pix to show my students, but I could only take some photos of the outside and the lobby, nothin on the inside of the museum. I got to see the different outfits that several artists wore, which is really fun, because I kept thinking, "wow that's a nice pair of pants, or wow that's a nice pair of shoes", and then I read the names, and they were worn by men. HA! Jimi Hendrix had some nice clothes!!

Then we went to the ballgame. We lost, but it was still a great game. It was a pitcher's duel to the end. Beckett made one mistake, and it turned out to be the game winning one. Oh well, that's baseball.

I will get pics up as soon as I can sit down at the computer for a while (there are quite a few)

No comments: